View Single Post
Old 2015-03-11, 16:12   Link #240
Bahriel

edit: aaand more thread necromancy on this one... misread the date and year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoronicPyramidiot View Post
In the zodiac, there is sign called "Cancer" which has some traits of a Tsundere.
They have a protective shell but they are really soft and sensitive in the inside.
Just wanted to let you know^^"
I actually like some Tsunderes in animes if they are not too extreme. People like Sana from Kodocha or Misaki from Kaichou wa Maid-sama are okay.
I'm a cancerian myself, if i were to compare myself to any animal out there it would probably be either a hedgehog or an armadillo.

after reading through this thread, I'd essentially say good descriptions of RL tsunderes range from armdillo: hard shell softer interior,
over hedgehog: prickly, but again with a soft inner side,
to full blown volcanoes: these are the ones who haven't yet met their special person(s) or those where the schism between their ideal self, and the person they find themselve sinterested in si simply too great for them to handle on their own.

and of course everything in between.

After reading all this I think I might myself have some traits of the tsundere, though i have learned to suppress them most of the time, when i was teenager things were different, but that's a little ove ra decade ago.

If i were to give a piece of advice to the younger tsunderes out there... never try to deny something that is such a large part of who you are, doing so may result in torment you can hardly imagine.
that really goes for anything in your personality makeup, but some things leave harsher marks than others.

---

I have a friend whose waifu is a tsundere, or at least so he claims.

I invited them over for dinner once... won't ever do so again, she's a a mean, vindictive little pot of sarcasm, demeaning innuendo and rage.

but he loves her to bits, and swears she's the cutest little kitten when they're together, her, their girl and him.

I hang out with him from time to time, but not as often as i'd like to, just not possible, afterall he's got the whole white picket fence thing going for him as well.

---

that said... I absolutely love the tsundere archetype, and would like to meet a milder one myself, the way he talks about their relationship, the rare time we have a chance to... it sounds very appealing, sure there's fire and brimstone when they're with others, and he catches a lot of it himself (he has admitted that he does so on purpose, to lessen the impact in the eyes of others), but he genuinely seems to care for her, and even after being together for almost a decade, still behaves like a lovestruck idiot whenever he speaks of her.

that's magic of it's own kind, right there, not many people i've met behave that way about their partner after being together for that long.

tl;dr, tsunderes are very real, can vary both in how extreme they are, and how they express their tsuntsun, a friend is married to one, and loves her completely.
Hearing him talk, has pretty much made me want to meet one as well, though not as extreme as his wife.

Last edited by Bahriel; 2015-03-11 at 17:36. Reason: thread necromancy, oops
Bahriel is offline   Reply With Quote