View Single Post
Old 2008-08-19, 06:38   Link #2220
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
As a neutral fan watching EPL, I think that Arsenal, Pool, Chelsea and other EPL teams could potentially build a core of "loyal" players. I don't know if it's about money, but people like Fabregas, Gerrard, Lampard and so on should stick around with their clubs for most of their career, to try achieving something with their respective teams and also help them build a true identity as well. When there's a core of loyal players in a team it's also easy for newcomers to integrate well and feel more like a "family" rather than a bunch of mercs.
Potentially is a very operative word. Chelsea will have the hardest time since they just bought everyone good at the time in sight. They loaned out Pizarro. Bought him year before, give him a little play and then loan him? They are not that different from REal (omg i feel dirty typing the name) in that respect in terms of undervaluing their players. I acknowledge he needs play to stay in form so that's why you loaned him, but wih all these injuries why did you do it in the 1st place? *end rant*
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote