View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 15:55   Link #4897
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Fail at Life View Post
Here's my take on it. As long as there are decent gaps from the last time said move was used it's fine. For Example: If i were to Reflect/Deflect a beam shot with my beam saber in ep "23" then perform that same move in ep "47", it looks okay. Because It's been 20+ episodes since i performed that maneuver, so it would be hard to have that come off as stock footage. Different Time. Different Place. Different Circumstances.

In this episode Freedom deflected beam shots with it's beam saber. The next time that move is performed is in ep "32" of Destiny, which would be a very huge gap from when it was last executed. Different Time. Different Place. Different Circumstances.
Oh yeah, fully agreed there - pretty much every show out there uses stock footage at some times, its about how often you do use it.
Quote:
Bascially the less they use it and the more they spread it out, the better it looks and the less it comes off as stock footage. I guess i aint that mad though....... *shrugs*
Mad? YES! no, not really. Its just that its pretty sad that the final episodes contain more stock footage than actual new animation.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote