View Single Post
Old 2010-05-25, 19:04   Link #10644
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
I'm reading the red about the limit of people on the island to also not be time specific either. I mean, if you think about it, we've been using the limit from EP1-4. Why should it suddenly break in EP5-6? The only reason I can think of is because Beatrice is not there to control the game so a new gamemaster can totally subvert what was originally true for EP1-4.
The limit is actually context-specific, at least as used in the "no more than" context. When people die in Umineko they don't count as people anymore, so Beatrice's limit by its very nature applicable only at its maximum limit before any deaths occur.

It's actually the ep6 Battler/Beatrice red that's odd, as it's basically spoken out of context. It can't apply to the current game, because five people (at least) are dead. So the number isn't 17 + 5 or we'd have Person X all over again. It must be intended to mean some sort of absolute that is independent of the previously stated "no more than" count in which dead people aren't counted. Perhaps implied is the "on the game board in general," but I can't be sure.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote