View Single Post
Old 2006-12-01, 17:08   Link #18
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Just another flooring episode from the best anime out right now perhaps the best psycological murder mystery I've ever seen in anime...

Let's just get to the heart...L's plan was ridiculously ingenious even if he has no clue Light is "Kira"...It was as much a shock to me as it was to Light and ups the ante in every way...While Light is getting a little freaky with his mad-scientist laff he still has been forced to play a defensive role...Now he's gonna accept it and play L's game, but still he's boxed-in and will have to be nearly flawless from this point out...L's earlier deduction was jaw-dropping and amazing as he pondered if "Kira" even existed --That he's so good it may be divinity...He later backtracks which in-turns leads him to his plan against "Kira"...

It's so funny because Light could easily give-up the Deathnote and quit (I mean isn't this too much trouble?), but I find it so ineteresting that he really wants to become God...At first it seemed as if he was purely intoxicated with power and arrogance, but it seems as if he feels he was chosen to change this world or something, and he won't give that goal up...This budding chessgame is par the course now...

What was really special to me about this episode was the presentation of everything, the music, the slow-mo effects, the out-of-body theatrics... Seldom have I watched an anime with this much action in the form of normal happenings (I.e. Light eating chips, L vs. Light just sitting down looking at one another)...The artistic expressionism this episode was absolutley brilliant...

"Whatcha' gonna do now Light? I thought you had the upperhand, but L even made me look like a fool this week for supporting your L33tness...His overikill analysis is actually working, but is this simply a battle he's winning or is a war?"