View Single Post
Old 2011-04-19, 07:26   Link #253
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well then, now that we are now back to actually talking about the show and not whatever that was
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
@Arabesque: hmm. My opinion is entirely opposite. I thought they are trying hard to make sort of serious+DEEP philosophies on money with that Kyuube the human form, Ichika with no harem+ other situations. But ultimately, the way to earn money was actually 'beating up monsters' at least according to this first episode. I can't buy that.
I don't think our opinions are really that different.

I agree with you that the show is obviously trying to hammer in this idea that's its about money in a very blunt manner, and that it's throwing these rather pretentious speeches about money et al.

Where we differ, I think, is on whether or not the show is actually is deep as it says it is, and that I personally think that it's putting on a facade of being this ''Code Geass-lite'' show.

Like I pointed out in my first post, you had scenes like the suicide, where there was a cleaver way in showing how money affected humanity so much, that when someone kills themselves people would go ''well, the economy looks like its shit about now'' now this is a really subtle way of showing how money affecting the human soul. So the show isn't entirely all talk imo.

And then where we might disagree the most about, that I think the show is just putting on an act. I wont rule out the possibility that I might be wrong and this show is just as ludicrous as Code Geass, but I honestly think that those parts are there to make the show appear as something shallow when its actually quite deep. That of course depends where it's going from this point on, but I remain hopeful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk View Post
On another note, how can the MC, being an economics student, not know what an entrepreneur is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
My thoughts exactly.
If that's meant to be an accurate reflection of college education in Japan, it's no wonder the country is in the mess that it has been since the 1990s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstellar View Post
cus it was said in english?
I don't know, is it really that much of a shock? I've seen Business Students struggling to even remember the proper pronunciation, let alone definition, of entrepreneur. It could just mean I've grown so numb to the concept that students lack any proper background knowledge nowadays.
Quote:
I wish I could be more optimistic, but after the train wreck that was Fractale, I think it's probably better that I don't hope for too much in the way of thought-provoking exposition.
Let's be fair here, the reason why Failctale Fractale had failed had less to do with the actual content and more to do with the internal drama within the staff. It already had all the proper components to make an interesting story all set, but when you have a director already pessimistic about his um ''career'' lol and already looking for a way out, a writer who has clear disdain for said director, going even to insult him publicly from the moment the show went on air, to the end where he more or less threw him under a space shuttle, and the constant controversy surrounding the show ...

That's not to say that [C] might turn out to be nothing but fluff, though I doubt it considering what we've seen in this episode and Kenji Nakamura being at the helm.
Quote:
Besides, I'd readily concede it's more fun to imagine every entrepreneur having his own sexy satyr for a familiar, than to spend hours debating economic theory and practice.
I tell you, I would've went down that path if it came with a free Succubus

Realistically though, I don't think I would make many great decisions, or pay attention to anything really. But I think it would've been fun.