Thread: Block Avatars
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-10, 12:35   Link #13
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
For private use, it's hardly significant at all - I can count on one hand the number of currently used AS avatars and sigs that I see on the board right now that I'd consider NSFW - but for public use, it is a bit of a risk.
Those 2-3 post are in every topic several hundred times.

And it's not just public place blah-blah-reasoning sometimes it's just annoying to have this image spam of gifs waving panties all over the thread; particularly when it's the same one over and over and over. Something like how it's annoying to scroll though a bunch of large signatures on other boards, even if you don't particularly have anything against the images themselvs. I don't really care what people use as avatars to be honest, some of the NSFW ones are actually quite funny. Heck they could be bigger, I still wouldn't care.

That's why I'm against a 1-click option. Avatars are pretty damn useful for visual recognition. Look at relentless there, you all remember how his posts looked with out an avatar; how you had to read his name since well all the people with no avatars look alike (and he has a pretty long name).