View Single Post
Old 2012-01-19, 11:13   Link #97
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Please don't argue merely for the sake of argument if you don't really get what I'm trying to say. Slow down and think it through, then think again. How is me saying power =/= eating humans means saying that the denizens are good and the flame haze are bad? OK, I think I get that you've been talking about how denizens get power, but I'm simply addressing the issue of acquiring power regardless of who's doing it. Acquiring power, in itself, as an act, ignoring who's doing it, is not limited to merely eating humans.

See, you don't even know for sure where Flame Hazes get their source of power. Why would Crimson Lords need PoE to remain on earth if the Lords are what the Flame Hazes get their source of PoE? If there's anyone who can regenerate PoE, then it should be the Flame Haze, not the Lords, because it would beat the purpose of Lords needing contractors in the first place.

And yes, let's not forget that Crimson Lords ARE denizens themselves. You seem to conveniently forget that fact. So the questions are: do denizens have a pool of PoE themselves? Are they able to regenerate it by themselves? Was the reason denizens eat humans really so they could continue to exist on earth or was it so they could do more things more rapidly?

Also, I was asking whether the Flame Hazes, not the Lords, could absorb the PoE of their slain foes. Because if regeneration is limited (it must be so to make reiji maigo an extremely unique tool), then there should be another source that keeps the flame hazes at full strength (jizaihou uses PoE, and it's shown that Flame Hazes uses PoE to strengthen their body to super human levels, just as Yuuji eventually learned to). Could it be that Flame Hazes "eat" denizens similar to the way denizens "eat" human to remain at their top form ? It seems logical to me, and the most satisfying answer that doesn't vilify the Flame Hazes.

Let me keep the disclaimer that I'm not trying to make the denizens the good guys or the flame hazes the bad guys, so if you get that impression then you need to reread my posts with less bias in mind (bias is a powerful thing, it enables you to misread everything about someone else). I was merely speculating and trying to have a good discussion on the topic "where did the flame hazes get their powers from?".
erneiz_hyde pretty much said it: since the beginning of SnS III I've been reading everywhere how Yuji is being unfair, and how the series stopped making any sense. Looking back, it all makes sense to me, I mean, Yuji was never "depressed" about this, but his urge to fight along side Shana, his will to make something and change, how he looked at Shana... it all makes sense now. And now SnS is getting more and more interesting!

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!