Thread: Akb48
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-13, 18:01   Link #21
Undertaker

He also picked the right target crowd to begin with. I mean building AKB theater in Akiba, the heart of everything moe and ACG related with all the maid costume. He also doesn't prevent member showing off their personalities.

To tell the truth, I didn't like Minami Takahashi before, even after I kind of get into the groups because of other girls that caught my eyes. Her face is too long and too big compare to her body and made her look bigger then she really is and I had hard time figuring out why she is a central member and one of the most popular, always in top 5.

But in past year or so, I saw a lot of her in variety shows and yer personality just shines and she's not afraid to say she's a One Piece junkie and love to read manga and playing games. That's when I really accept that this group really is targeting the ACG crowd to begin with and didn't back away from it even when they got as big as they did.

Speaking of Johnny's I am impressed by SMAP though, not really about their music consider I'm not boy band fan, but every member other than leader is a good actor, while the leader himself is a pretty damn good variety host and comedian. There is just so many facet in that group that allow to remain on top for 20 years and I hope AKB and do that as well.