View Single Post
Old 2009-06-11, 11:18   Link #87
Barbobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Thank you Shiroth. You understand what I was getting at.

I find the anime version of Welkin much more of an airhead, than the game version. Maybe it's a marketing reason for why they changed him from a guy who takes the initiative, doesn't hesitate towards battle/war, and willing to help whatever the situation calls for, to the wishy washy guy we have now.

It's just like my dislike of the anime Alicia compared to her anime twin. -facepalms-

It was worth buying a Ps3 and the game just to see the real story.
The apparent difference though for Welkin in the game vs anime I feel is more attributed to how the game, for obvious reasons, focuses more on times surrounding actual battles as opposed to off time like in the anime. Welkin is a bit aloof while not on the battlefield but he comes off as very perceptive and alert and shows signs of good judgement such as when he told Alicia to not pursue after taking Kloden. In the game you see more of that side cause obviously being a game it has to focus on battles pretty often so you see that part of him a lot while compared to the anime you see a lot less of him while off-duty.