View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 11:53   Link #101
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
...the 'one strike' is a cultural thing for the Japanese. No matter how much one dislikes it popping out in a manga, it won't go away, even if one thinks that the situation is not good for it.

This isn't the first time that Erza's one-shotted someone who was strong (Aria) while she was pretty much 'on the ropes' as well, having taken a head-on shot from Jupiter back then too. She's taken down Midnight easily and nearly all of her opponents have been taken out within a few moves. Azuma's pretty much the only guy who's made Erza go the distance and he would have won if he didn't use Fairy Tail's own magic against her.

Erza is over-powered, so is Laxus and Gildartz. Those three are nearly impossible to beat conventionally. That's the entire point. Laxus lost to Natsu and Gajeel because he lost his cool. Take Laxus mentally out of the fight and you can win it - if Laxus keeps his head together, you're done for.
yep in asian culture(where most of the martial arts born), doens't matter how many punchs or kick you can do in a fight, but how effective they are, the best fight is not the guy who take 9999 hits to defeat the enemy but the one who used the less hits, if you can one shot down your enemy then you are really amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
ellessarr

If you didn't notice, you guys are the ones forcing your opinion down my throat just because I don't agree. My comments were originally Erza based only yet you people started to prove your point by bringing whole cast into a discussion which simply shows that you are the ones losing the argument since you can't stay on topic.

I simply replied to questions I was asked, I don't see my fault here.
Besides it is clearly useless talking to you people, you see only what you want to see and keep twisting my words and missing the point.

Different genres or not, you can easily use positives of each one in another.

Also telling me to drop something that I started to watch when only 25 episodes were out is harsh. I also was one of the people who insisted on bringing this show onto the main thread. It really is not that easy to drop something with what you've been so closely connected for years.
It is just sad to see it fall apart like that after having so much potential

I don't remember necklace part but if that's the case, I take my comment back. It is enough of an excuse, at least it means that others would not survive it.

Pinwheel10
That's exactly my main issue! No matter who(good guy), though for Erza it became very common, and how much damage they get, they are always fine. However, for them it just takes one strike to take enemy down even though they received more beating till now.

I won't even bother saying word "sense" since you people keep twisting its meaning so I'll simply say "ONE SIDED" and "UNFAIR". It makes villains look pathetic like if their punch = baby slap.

In Kagura's case it was so much worse because she unshielded "powerful" sword of hers and yet got shit kicked out even though she did so well with shielded one.
Why empethise on her sword when it was nothing special?

Anyway I'm stopping here, it is clear that we won't get anywhere. We keep seeing things differently.
man again this is a "shounen" cliche the hero get beat to death to nearly the end get a "miraculous recover" and overpower the enemy
again when mashima was to start to write fairy tail he told in a interview exactly what gonna happen, he not made any false promisse about the plot, was very clear:

lightheaded(almost no deaths with the heros aways wins)
comedy(one of the 3 more important focus of the manga by mashima, this means who if you want a dark or tragic story you loose your time)
Friendship and family(no matter of what can happen, "nakama"(friend) and family bounds aways come first

after that 3 main plots then come the secondary plots:

- lucy life after joining FT(she is the main protagonis of this work, natsu is the second)
- natsu search for igneel and others dragons
- what happen in the 777 year when all dragons vanish and lucy mother died
- the adventures of the FT guild

having this is mind then after 300+ manga chapters, 160+ anime episodes, 4 ovas and one movie, FT aways gonna continue wins all the fights, aways erza gonna be overpower(even more than natsu), aways gray gonna strip the cloths, aways natsu gonna have transport issues we only gonna see arc related only good peoples diyng(1 or 2), aways the bad guys gonna be folderized, maybe we gonna get little changes here and there but in overall nothing big gonna change, then is important for you dont have impossible hopes of change(ft loose, peoples dying, erza being weak, big plot change, being more tragic and darkness), if you want something more dark then read mashima previous work rave master was much more dark than FT(and that is the reason who mashima made a completely different work, he was a few disgusted with too much darkness in his previous work).

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-02-17 at 12:39.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote