View Single Post
Old 2012-02-19, 11:55   Link #62
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
I'm on the fence on this. If DEEN does any more of Ryukishi's works, they better do it correctly (or if they do any other adaption of anything for that matter) and give it love.
I don't think DEEN gets as much credit as they deserve. I think their adaptation of Higurashi was quite good. Sure, they cut out a lot of important parts, but it's important to remember that anime is a visual medium. It wouldn't make sense to have long sections where not much happens. Otherwise you end up like Fate/zero episode one with characters just walking around and around in circles!

As for Umineko, the story is already incredibly difficult to adapt into visual form. The VNs relied on the reader being able to read the characters' thoughts, which isn't always possible in an anime. Elements such as red truth is also difficult, and I think it's reasonable to have stuff like red text flying around. Of course, the Umineko is indeed filled with animation errors. But I'll give DEEN the benefit of the doubt and assume they were short on time and money. Indeed, good-quality anime is difficult to produce. It's quite common for anime to contain various errors in the TV broadcast. However, these errors are usually fixed in the DVD release, which was unfortunately not the case for Umineko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Plus we've only seen a few out of the 50,000 characters. :P Hmm... actually wasn't Higurashi's main cast seven characters?
Hmmm... Keiichi, Rena, Mion, Shion, Rika, Satoko, Hanyuu... How about Ooishi, Tomitake, etc.?