View Single Post
Old 2012-04-04, 22:10   Link #673
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Hmm, the human metabolisms isn't very efficient. You'd want the armor to tap directly into the fat reserves of the trooper. Extract human fat trough liposuction then convert it into biodiesel. Maybe a heat exchanger to absorb excess body heat to power the eletronics. Rough estimate: you'd be able to run a small engine, say a 5 horsepower diesel generator that powers the armor for 24 combat hours on 12kg of human fat.

That's about the total reserves of a 75kg male in decent shape with 15% body-fat. Same male, obese at 125kg could run the armor 5 times longer. Humans can't really gain weight faster than a pound a day so after our trooper would need to recover for about a month for 24 hours of combat duty. Clearly there would need to be a large supply of chubby recruits.

Oh my, I think we just found a way to get rid of the country's obesity problem...
Wait a minute....well, fuck.

Maybe the reason why there are so many scooter-Jabbas in America is because they are actually training to be recruits for this top secret project. And maybe our resident MiB Vexx-jiji complains so much about them because he's still doing his duty to keep the plebs in the dark about the USA's newest 'black' project.

For the Emperor, indeed.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote