View Single Post
Old 2007-05-08, 16:51   Link #778
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjladyfox View Post
Hmmm, that's a good point 'tho myself I tend to let it play or just FF thru it. Kind of got used to doing it especially on DVD's with their $%#@ front-loaded crap that you can not skip past. -_-

I've not tried avisynth or directshowsource before and after doing some digging I was impressed and intimidated at the same time. Impressed in all that you can do with the tool and intimidated by the level of scripting required which I have a love/hate relationship with it (read: Love the stuff you can do and hate the level of time investment needed to get something to work).

I'll have to see about finding a GUI version to play with and see what I come up with. Still, would be nice just to have a program, paid or otherwise, that would just simply do the re-encoding and was multi-threaded. It is a dream I have. ^__^
Again i'm no expert, but that avs file should only need to contain directshowsource() (with convertfps=true parameter) and if you're dealing with softsubs textsub() in addition to that.

Quote:
Well, we will know soon enough I guess once the update hits. Now if there was only a multi-threaded version of Transcode360 I'd be just one step closer to heaven.
Transcode360 should be unnecessary if M$ gets it right.
emptyeighty is offline   Reply With Quote