View Single Post
Old 2007-08-19, 13:51   Link #78
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wow... 1-2 hours out of the episode and you're already finding fault with them... ?

Tell me, you've seen this coming a mile away, everybody has... Were you two just saving it all up so the both can rant about it when it actually happens?
It's called dissection with love.

While I can see the overall flaws that was necessary to the conditional team-separation for different location battles, due to half the cast lacking flight abilities and the tone and approach they were going for since this is anime being anime, I thought it wasn't too bad in a way.

First off, information was shown to be inefficiently managed. Some vitals came after deployment like the extra-powerful AMF which reduces mage effectiveness (( upon discovery )) and the separation due to location difference, alongside with Vita's ridiculous insistence. It can be argued that it might've been different had they known all along.

Jail not attempting to escape was a little lol last episode due to him being ALONE, but it does look like he has some important specimens, and it does seem like a large complex. Utilizing Sein for indirect combat assist was a little... since it is a pair of above AAA mages, but I'll give slack.

The Forwards can't really be anywhere else but dealing with the grounds, since even Caro and Elio are not exactly that effective in air. An army of Type-2s seem to be capable of outranging them even. The weaker Numbers were shown to be highlighted in a more tactical light, handling the team separation and the threat of Subaru's IS well using Ginga...well, so long as there's no "power of love awakening" device at hand.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.