View Single Post
Old 2008-12-11, 18:10   Link #1810
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

On the bored vs refreshed debate, I'm refreshed. I couldn't get back into the loop in TBC after being in one of the best guilds on the server in the original version. Now I'm getting in again. I'm beginning to get requests from the best Alliance guilds on my server to apply. I spoke to class leaders in the #1 guild and they said they'd be keen for me to apply if I can make enough raids.

What had probably made me reluctant was doubting whether my DPS would look scrub or not. So when a good Naxx 25 pug got formed last night, I jumped on. 3 hours later, 9/15 down, would have been 10/15 if 3 idiots didn't keep doing the charge sides wrong on Thaddius. My overal DPS for the raid was about 3300. It drifted up to 3850 for Patchwerk, Loatheb and Thaddius then 3550 for Faerlina. But again it was lower on Noth (2600) and Heigan (2850). Do those guys have more magic resistance or something? I ended up 3rd for the raid for raid damage for the night behind a very geared shadow priest and a very geared lock (both far better geared than me). Priest averaged 3550 for the night, the lock 2850. I guessed they fixed the Destro tree because this guy was 51 Destro 20 Demo and cranked out top damage on most bosses. Notably I did far better than the Affliction locks and the Hunters. Did Hunters get a sudden nerf?

In a nutshell - yeah, I feel more confident about my DPS rate now. I just need more spellpower. I won a belt from Anub'rekhan but after that, my rolls sucked. Lost on 3 t7.5 shoulder tokens, shoulders from Grobullus, a 465 sp caster dagger from Abom wing trash and my Maexxna trinket didnt drop. Also passed on 2 different boots and an offhand which were more Priest specced. But I got something so meh.

Tried doing that Dalaran Wishing Well thing yesterday. Bit over 2 hours later, had all the silver coins, 1 short of all the copper coins and 2 short of all the gold coins. Also levelled Fishing from 400 to 448 in that time. And I finally got the Kibler's Bits recipe from dailies. Now I just need to get Stormchops and Captain Rumsey's Rum to get everything from Outland. I have to keep doing the Outland ones, the Dalaran cooking reward can only give the Delicious Chocolate Cake as a rare reward and I've already got that one.