View Single Post
Old 2007-01-28, 02:04   Link #22
FlawlessAccident

I have only seen the animes and 1-7 volumes of the manga, nothing else. But from my point of view, I believe that Kalinin is Majid, the one who adopted Sousuke after Sousuke and and band of assassins attempted to kill him. Nothing else would explain how Sousuke met Kalinin and also how they fought Gauron when Sousuke was 8. In the end of TSR, Kalinin says to Sousuke, " You have a face of a man now, I shall take you out to lunch sometime ( I don't remember it well). But when he said this, he said it in a fatherly way. Also, Sousuke also says in one episode and in the manga that when he and Kalinin first met, they were enemies. He described Kalinin as a difficult man to kill and comforted Tessa with this fact when she was worried about him. There is also a flashback of Sousuke shooting Gauron in the head, the way Sousuke stands next to Kalinin is too apprentice-like. I also have a theory that Sousuke may have memory loss or something or some amneisa. In TSR, Gauron also said that Sousuke had eyes of a "saint" when he was young. But now Sousuke no longer has those kind of eyes which may hint of a traumatic shock of some sort that affected his memory.