View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 19:54   Link #28
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
2) The mods will hide the connection between their normal account and moderating account, and act like some sort of hidden police, which seems very sneaky and untrustworthy.
Given the excellent crew of people who have chosen to volunteer their services as moderators, I cannot believe any one of them would act like this. It makes me wonder if you had a bad encounter with a moderator at some point to even dream this up.

I turned down the opportunity to moderate when NoSanninWa left the building. (He still hangs around the back door from time to time I've noticed recently.) At the time I wasn't sure how much longer I would be around here given my age and trends in anime. Even though I'm still here, I still prefer to be a gadfly who occasionally tries to keep unruly members in line. Moderation is a tough job, and I for one welcome our moderating overlords.

As for Ledgem's original argument, I don't see much evidence that this is a problem at all. The mods who post in threads I frequent don't seem any less likely to contribute or engage in argument than regular members, and I don't see many regular members cowering before the moderators' awesomeness.

I sometimes wondered if I was a bit intimidating when I had all those dots below my avatar, but I suspect my age is more intimidating to young newbies than anything else.