View Single Post
Old 2009-03-30, 17:44   Link #1070
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Destiny wasn't a fail to me and for quite a few others around the net as well. Yeah, it had some problems with story, non-developed characters and the same fighting animations all over again.

The main problem people had is a pilot named Shinn. Sure he is a retard in someone's eyes but also he was portrayed in a realistic way that I came to respect the character no matter how annoying he can be. He lost his family in a war, sure big deal, many characters always loose something but maintain the common sense, but you forget one thing, not everyone is the same. Shinn firmly believed that Orb was at fault and would do anything to avenge his family even though he took his anger beyond the normal revenge as the series progress. He is a cocky brat, naive, easily fooled and misguided by the convincing Chairman's words. Shinn wasn't bad, he wanted to help people, but was on the wrong team. I like how the show gives the image of a ''failed hero'' kinda feel as Shinn wasn't gonna make it as a hero the main role switched back at Kira and his friends again. Plus, Destiny had the best intros and music out of all Gundam shows that I watched.

It clearly could have been much better, but I loved it and would like to see that long-time promised and announced Seed movie.