View Single Post
Old 2009-09-05, 01:13   Link #240
Jintor

I don't know if Haruhi is patient enough to make an entire movie project specifically to discredit Mikuru as potential competition. I'm pretty sure she just a) wanted to make a movie and b) assumed (as per usual) that everybody shares her level of enthusiasm for it (this is one of what I think of as the key factors of Haruhi; her unthinking level of assurance that the rest of the Brigade is at some level exactly the same as her, even if they don't show it).

The way I see it, Haruhi would be absolutely willing to do everything - everything - that she gets Mikuru to do. However, since she sees herself as and only as a leader, the rest of the Brigade has to pick up the slack. This is conveyed more in the anime than in the novels - Haruhi doesn't seem mad that Mikuru can't act properly, more disappointed - as if she expected Mikuru to act to Haruhi's (projected) level, and you know Haruhi would LARGE HAM it up.

I agree to an extent that Haruhi sabotages a Mikuru/Kyon relationship whenever it occurs to her, but I disagree that she's malignant enough to create an entire plot around it.