View Single Post
Old 2012-08-22, 05:57   Link #2393
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Mecha related things I noticed:

-Panzer Hummel variants: one with large backpack cannon, other with gatling arms
-New portable cluster missile launcher used by a Sutherland, area wide
-Sniper rifle used by a Suther
-a Custom Suther with a decorated shield and a new kind of gun

Nice art, good action scenes, bad hentai ovetones
Yeah, I'm really interested in finding out more about that new Panzer-Hummel variant and that modified looking Sutherland with the ornamental shield. Hopefully it will come out in later chapters

Actually, the Sutherland missile launcher is the "Sattel Waffen" that was first used by the Glaston Knight Gloucesters in R1 and later by Sutherlands in R2. (If you look up the Sutherland page on the CG Wiki, it states it clearly there.)

And yeah, there are some ecchi elements in there. Still, the CG anime also had some of that, so it's not like it's something new. As long as they don't go overboard, I think it won't do any harm and at least add to the comedic elements of the manga, like THAT scene in chapter 2 with Maribelle. (You know what I mean. )

And to Xander, the Oz artist and writer's name is Toujou Chika who, surprisingly, hasn't done any previous works, at least under that name. For a new mangaka to come out with such good art on her first work is a bit unusual, but since she captures the CG style to such a great degree, I will not complain. Hopefully she'll keep this quality up for the rest of the manga, and even improve further.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote