View Single Post
Old 2014-06-27, 20:53   Link #18
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Well Platinum Games isn't exactly a household name like Blizzard. Only fans of the studio and console core gamers knows about them and even fewer people remember them when they were Clover Studio and Capcom's core people that made Devil May Cry, Okami and Viewtiful Joe.
My reaction wasn't what it was because I didn't know of Platinum or their game resume. Quite the opposite, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol yes it does :3 this is Platinum Games, one of the very few studios left who is safe to make that bet.
Plenty of great studios (both in and outside of the gaming world) turn out the occasional lackluster product or take on busywork (see: easy money) every once in a while. I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being one of those things. If this was an original IP we were talking about, I would be singing a (somewhat) different tune. But since this is a game based on a TV series (a Nickelodeon one at that), and games like this have a track record of being less than stellar... I won't hold my breath.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for this game to be good. I just never subscribe to the mindset of "company x is perfect so product y will be perfect".