View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 12:53   Link #56
inisipis

Another outstanding animation from KyoAni.

It sure is remarkable, being it a side story episode. Shinka and Dekomori sure pulled all the stops in their cat and mouse routine. Some really great physical comedy this side of the Three Stooges. Admittedly I first found Dekomori quiet annoying when she first appeared in eps. 3 but when she becomes the foil of Shinka at eps. 4 it all works perfectly, I find her one of my favorite.

Isshiki surely made himself man among men by taking all the shame, earning great respects with his peers no matter how incredibly pathetic the whole circumstances are.

Strong points also for Kumin for being the absolute sweet and cute senpai who goes along with all the silliness but still is grounded down to Earth.

A very solid episode in my opinion, little on the main plot but strong in it's focus in emphasizing the show's character and story dynamics. Like a the slow trickle of rain before the downpour if leisurely sets the different tones and elements on upcoming episode without totally ever hinting a total turn-around from what the series had established itself.