kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
what do you mean the other way around?
Sorry if I was being unclear. I was referring to this:

Quote:
Or do you think his decision is to be with Haruka and ditch Mitsuki?
Quote:
I'm sure he wanted to make a decision of leaving Haruka, but he gave up that decision at the sight of Haruka and tried to say that he'll stay with her, and it's Haruka saying "no you can't, you should go to Mitsuki" that kicked him off to Mitsuki. He attempted to make a decision, but he couldn't really make it. It's still Haruka making the decision for him. Thus he lost his last chance of making even a single decision himself in the series, and his last chance of redemption.
You see, this is where we disagree. I really have nothing against your interpretation of the events, and yours does make sense too--but I feel that just isn't the case with me. I think he was really going to tell her that he couldn't be with her. It's just that Haruka says it for him instead.

Quote:
I said he doesn't have the guts to make any decision, not that he doesn't have the guts to attempt to make any decision. Actually during the whole course of the series he did attempt to make a decision several times, he told himself "this shouldn't continue", "I'll tell Haruka the next time we meet", but each time he gave up because his oh-so-fragile heart just couldn't bear the responsibility of hurting someone with his own decision.
Yes, I agree. I do think he was an indecisive bastard. In this context, I think he feels that he couldn't bear the thought of being responsible as much as he really wanted to. A combination of fear and apprehension, in other words. I think there's a difference between this and being irresponsible about a decision one has already made. Then again, maybe not.

Quote:
And who said Shinji is kind? I said Shinji is leagues better than Takayuki, but I surely never said Shinji is kinder than Takayuki. LOL Takayuki is already stupidly over the top kind
My mistake then. I should've emphasized the phrase "apparent kindness" and placed quotation marks on it. Or I should've used something else entirely--like his "better personality" as you put it yourself. And just in case: I am not trying to be sarcastic by the way.

Last edited by kujoe; 2004-12-01 at 20:51.