Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 14:25   Link #323
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post

I got lucky and found a "used" copy at a Traders. In addition to the bluray and special sleeve, included is a copy of the storyboard for the op and one for the first ep.
Congrats! For those fans ordering the BD, the standard release version does not come with the storyboard book for the first episode. The sticker is only given out at theaters (there will be seven in all, one for each film, and once you collect 'em all, you will be presented with an album to display them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by denshousha View Post
Well, if they say "Next Week's Episode" on them, that does change my opinion. A discussion had started about it on ANN's forums, but now that site seems to be down.
The end of the previews (narrated by Okita) has the "There are only XXX days left..." and the time between the end of the first and the end of the second episodes are two days (365 and 364, respectively). The exact wording is "Next time", IIRC. Still, this is an episodic half-hour series, released theatrically first, and certainly does not fall under the criteria for an OVA. Personally, I don't see any merit in American fans dictating such decisions, since the producers have the official word, and fans only try to force things into their own rigid compartmentalization or belief systems. In the long run, it always ends up being a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing (i.e. a huge waste of everyone's time). (No disrespect for the energy, intent, and enthusiasm, though.)