Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 22:03   Link #2190
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Described like that, it... sounds a lot like what Miho tried against St Gloriana. She just didn't have the tanks and crews to pull it off. Which was my point: whatever tactical acumen she may or may not have, her options are sharply limited by the poor quality (and quantity) of her assets. And her own lack of will, to be fair.
Both sets of tactics are similar, but it's pretty clear that Katyusha's was designed to have a much higher chance of succeeding, a better payoff when it does succeed, and flexibility if the plan failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
4Tran, on the matter of close quarter combat. It's painfully obvious that the KV2 alone would be at its playground in that sort of setting. The very fact that the girls aren't allowed to continue fighting on small arm and RPGs made the entire situation only makes the warehouse all the more difficult to harden as a stronghold.
The KV-2 is dangerous, but the IS-2 is outright deadly. I'd assume that not all of the rules of the tournament have been revealed (or will ever be revealed for that matter), and among them, any use of out-of-tank combat is probably grounds for disqualification. It'd be the only way to keep the fights safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
And during the scene where they are surrounded... the enemies ( 6-8 tanks firing at the same time at close range) just managed to hit one tank? and not even raise a flag? Don't get me wrong, they ( the panzer team) managed to hit at one shot two tanks at long range... This is hilarious...
The Pravda tanks managed to hit three tanks: the Pz. IV has a jammed turret, the StuG III lost a track, and the M3 Lee lost its main gun. Normally, all three AFVs would have been knocked out then and there, but you have to give some leeway for the writers to stage the inevitable comeback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
And lastly, after losing 4-5 tanks during the battle, I'll never give them a chance to regroup and form a plan... I'll destroy the church and have it collapse on them... if this were a real war that is... but this is the chance the Russian to win..
With some justification, Katyusha thought that they've already won. Miho and the rest were just about to surrender after all.