View Single Post
Old 2013-08-02, 17:49   Link #9476
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
In a way it's sad. Hata has been trying SO HARD with animes and looooooong Nagi arcs to make the readers more receptive towards the Nagi-Hayate pairing, and if I'd happen to be representative for most of the fans, all he managed to do is annoy the fanbase and turn them away.

I don't think that in the past I was ever as "don't care"-detached as I am today. If I remember how I was hunting down raw spoilers in the past...

I guess HnG will go down as one more series which started well, grew to fame with a huge fanbase, and then died because of the standard 2 cardinal sins of mangas:

1) Unwillingness of the author to END it when it was time for it to end, instead prolonging it with 9872354234 chapters of side characters nobody really cared about

2) Unwillingness of the author to let it develop where the story naturally led (and what the fans desired), instead forcing through his own favorite pairing no matter what

Too bad.
Then I have a rather different perspective from most fans, I guess.

I've never really cared about the "plot". I've always been here for:
- the humor;
- Hayate and Nagi's loyalty for each other. I'm still not sold on making their relationship a romantic one, and I don't think I ever will be. But I like seeing the lengths Hayate will go to for her, and I love seeing her few moments of personal growth (or at least, temporary un-selfishness) whenever he really needs her. I don't want to see them "together", but I'd hate to see them part ways.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote