View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 02:04   Link #9
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

My heart breaks for Tomiko. ;_; I figured Saki was the right person for her job, but I didn't see the torch being passed so soon...

If anyone thought Yakomaru was just messing around, those water mutants just confirm that he's going for total annihilation. It's honestly quite a genius, effective way to bring about destruction. I'm not rooting for him, but you have to admit that even without the Akki, Yakomaru is ridiculously capable against the humans. I hope they shed some light on his intel.

Spoke too soon about A-1 Pictures actually giving this show some budget, because wow Part A had some special artwork. Though they did put budget where it was particularly poignant, e.g. the flying in the sky scene and the fight with the other child. Next week looks like it'll have a lot of action, so hopefully the animation quality goes back up.

I've been meaning to check out the BDs, but I'm curious if they fixed animation quirks? IIRC the first half of the series didn't have such drastic animation drops, though...

At this point, I wish I had the patience to wait until it's all over and marathon until the end. There's no way I could survive not watching weekly, though -- my curiosity is already difficult to bear. Almost picked up the books at Kinokuniya just the other day, but I know I wouldn't be able to hold back from reading it all.

@kuromitsu:
Yeah, I think those were lilies. Have read enough yuri manga to recognise them at least, despite my lack of plant knowledge

I'm guessing the director read the source material and ships Maria/Saki something fierce. I don't mind it, but I do think it's unfair to the story and its fans if you take other relationship details away for whatever reason. I'm curious if that's a time restraint/pacing choice or what, because as a non-novel reader, I think the pacing is pretty solid.