View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 22:06   Link #68
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
On the other it has its negative... back stabbing. I think its the MODs responsibility to keep this check.. Why not continue the rep system but this time its the MODs who will be the "middle man". If the a rep is reasonable, he allows it to be sent to the receiver. I thinks its not that hard. It will also filter out non sense comments usually sent together with the rep..
How much am I going to be paid to do this tireless judging work and have to face the wrath of all the posters who think I let an unfair rep slip through the cracks? (We already have people who claim it's the moderators "jobs" to manually check every post on the Forum, and get accused of "not doing our job" if anything gets let through. Sorry, we do what we can...) What objective, common standards are we going to use to judge what is "reasonable"? It's easy to volunteer the mods for this tireless work, but sorry -- I refuse to be responsible for approving all the feedback people give to each other, and I won't consider suggesting the other volunteer staff do that either. And by the way, you couldn't pay me enough to do it either (not that any of us get paid anything as it is).

Honestly, if your primary motivation for posting here was to be rewarded by rep... well, I'm afraid you'll have to re-evaluate your reasons for posting here. This change will provide that opportunity. I can't really think of another way to say it.

P.S. I'm honestly sorry if that response is a little bit too blunt... but I hope you will understand where I'm coming from.