ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
New study validates longevity pathway:

"A new study demonstrates what researchers consider conclusive evidence that
the red wine compound resveratrol directly activates a protein that promotes
health and longevity in animal models. What's more, the researchers have
uncovered the molecular mechanism for this interaction, and show that a class of
more potent drugs currently in clinical trials act in a similar fashion. Pharmaceutical
compounds similar to resveratrol may potentially treat and prevent diseases
related to aging in people, the authors contend."

See:

http://www.terradaily.com/reports/Ne...thway_999.html
If you don't want to drink, another good source of trans-resveratrol, which is more bioavailable, is vinegar produced from red wines (red wine vinegar, balsamic). It's actually much more concentrated as well due to the second fermentation process. I try to have some (with olive oil) on salad daily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Interesting theory. I've heard lots of competing theories such as lower birth rate, inability of their shoulder joints to accurately throw spears (they favored close range hunting, apparently), or simply being trampled by the more populous homo sapiens as they migrated north. I wonder if it might be a little bit of each. Of course, there's also the idea that seems to be gaining traction that at least some of them were absorbed into modern humanity. That had been a theory for years, but it seems to be gathering more support from several new studies.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote