View Single Post
Old 2013-07-04, 23:41   Link #379
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Eriksson is a very good player, but I'm inclined to agree with you. I think the Bruins will probably regret this trade in a few years time.
My thought about this trade is that the Bruins are throwing away their chance at a future, to attempt to win the cup now. I feel like at this moment, right now, Eriksson is a better player then Seguin but in the long run Seguin will be a better player. But the problem is, a lot of the Bruins key players are starting to get older. The Bruins do have a lot of talented people coming up, but there is no way to know if those talented people will become star level players or not that are usually needed to win the Cup. Bruins got 5 or 6 more years were all their players are in their prime, but after that it is hard to say what the team will look like.

Also another point to make on this trade, I am not sure if they plan to use him or not (Probably not, considering his age), but adding Matt Fraiser from the trade as well gave the Bruins a right wing that at this time they really kind of needed. Before they got him, the only other right wing currently on the team is Shawn Thornton. I am going to assume they will get some more right wings in free agency, but who knows. EDIT: Well it seems Eriksson will be going to right wing so I guess that fills that problem quite nicely.

Also a quick comment on Jagr, I believe he did great for the time that the Bruins had him and I don't know what people could complain about. Yes, he didn't score in the playoffs, but the amount of time he controlled the puck, set up big players, and played good defense was well worth what they gave up for him. He was the main reason the Bruins powerplay was able to do anything in the later rounds of the playoffs.

Last edited by Soverence; 2013-07-05 at 10:09.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote