View Single Post
Old 2011-02-09, 00:02   Link #118
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Awful lot of details for a personal unit... while lacking stuff on the pilot. THIS IS NOT WHAT WE SUBSCRIBED TO STRATOMAG FOR! I WANT MY IS GIRLS!!

*is stabbed with another rainbow*
I am no lowe so expect a lack of front covers.

*charges up another*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
But anyways, I like this VF IS. Too bad you rejected [Shooting Star] membership. Chao Hokusui would've loved to have a wingmate when transformed.
My pilot would be too busy balancing national expectation, dreams, studying and just merely surviving with sanity intact to join any other cliques for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That's... kind of a contradiction, isn't it? It never underwent any modifications, yet it has systems just as advanced as a second or third generation?
in the course of development, the lack of a suitable platforms for testing / demonstration of a particular system is a major problem- especially if waiting for more suited ones. during the time those systems were on demonstrators, they were still experimental and due to the said lack of suitable testbeds, one of the simplest solutions is to modify the equipment to fit the testbed and go with it- thus enabling a first generation unit to handle equipment that is "as advanced as second and third generation". and i did say no major modifications. in short, if the said systems passed while being "jury-rigged" into the demonstrator, then it would almost work on the proper units.

a case in RL would be the maiden test flight of the Rolls-Royce Trent 900 Engine, which due to the lack of it's proper testing aircraft at the time- the A380, was instead bolted into the inner port engine hardpoint of the A340-300 testbed- with slight modifications to both engine and wing hardpoints- not enough for the testbed to warrant a major redesignation.

but then by the time the other demonstrators were being moved to 2G/3G, the old bird was starting to show it's age.
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote