View Single Post
Old 2006-09-26, 05:34   Link #27
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ok, I agree now with those that said it in the thread for the ep 11: the pacing has gotten way too fast. I know it's impossible, but I really think this series needed to be a couple of episodes longer, so that the events of the last few eps aren't so rushed, but this ep in particularly really felt as if it was going at a million miles a second. Simply, too much happened and there weren't enough oppurtunities for the audience to let the events sink in.

I still do disapprove slightly of ZnT moving away from it's strength of being totally non-serious, but I'm almost certain these eps would have been more than acceptable if the show had a little more time to play with. As it stands, they're not bad, but they're not great either. Oh well, I don't think they really had a choice, since the season needed to end after 13 eps. Maybe they could have managed things a little quicker earlier on. Then again, the earlier episodes felt fine at the time. In fact, I'd almost go as far as saying that the pacing in the earlier episodes was perfect if we momentarily not consider the events of the last two eps.

As far as speculating on the ending is concerned, I don't exactly see the point. Even without reading any of the spoilers, I have a fair idea how it's going to end. ZnT isn't exactly the most unpredictable series ever

Ok ep, but not ZnT's best. I don't really see my opinion on this show changing significantly between now and the end, though.