View Single Post
Old 2011-05-13, 09:15   Link #53
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
I also need to ask HOW IN THE WORLD CAN SHE BREATHE IN THAT THIN AIR....
If you look carefully you'll see that the plane is only 3300 feet up; hardly thin air. It's when you go beyond 10,000 feet that you need oxygen. Also, the ID tag for the plane is wrong - it's most likely supposed to be a 707, not a 737 - the 737 doesn't have the range to go anywhere significant from Japan, and it has only 2 engines; a 707 has longer legs and can travel further distances without refuelling.

Trust me - I grew up in a jungle on the back of a mountain range in the middle of nowhere - average altitude was 2500 feet and we did fine. We regularly went for holidays at a National Park where the altitude was 5000 feet and had few problems besides keeping warm at night. Riko being able to breath at 3300 feet is normal.

I find it interesting, however, that the Japanese government would rather the plane crash at sea than make an emergency landing at Haneda and potentially go up in flames, blocking the runway and closing the airport. On the other hand I can see my government doing the same thing, all in the name of face, which is something few Westerners will understand.

So to save face in case of a crash, they have them crash at sea. Makes sense, in the twisted Asian way.

I do wonder how Mutou got all those lights setup and where he got the generator's to power them. There is no way in hell he and the boat driver could have done it by themselves - and I've done setup for various events, so I know what I'm talking about. Mind, this is something we're better off not thinking too much about. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I believe in miracles.