View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 03:23   Link #135
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
and anime don't HAVE to stay true to the original to word to word, enjoy the anime the way it is, it don't have to be extracly like the LN to be good. not faithful word to word doesn't mean bad
Quote:
are you impying that this scene in the LN was not? and if you were in charge of directing this fight, how less chessy will you do it? is there a way to animate this scene without making it cheesy? i heard from someone who read the novel that kirei was punching bullet and such, which was way more chessy than anything showed in the anime. and if it wasn't chessy, i bet you will say that the scene in the anime was nowhere as epic as in the LN.
You need to stop putting words in my mouth. Of course the anime doesn't have to be exactly like the novel, but i didn't even mention anything about that, just that they could've handled some scenes better. And yeah, the novel fight wasn't cheesy. It was awe inspiring and thrilling. If i were in charge of directing though, we'd be discussing (arguing...whatever) what should have/could have been rather than what is here, so no. And of course the LN will be better even if it was less cheesy. Never heard the phrase "The book is always better"? It's a given they will be different, but just because it's not as good doesn't mean it can't be close.

Quote:
about that scene, i could also see that there hardly anyway kiritsugu could escape that, 4 blade on his left and right with kirei in front of him, i can see he can neither dodge back or dodge left or right
Why couldn't he dodge back? The keys were only to the left and right of him.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote