View Single Post
Old 2011-11-29, 11:42   Link #2234
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
I think you're forgetting that Ozma and others around her considered her a child even as she grew older. Ozma kept her sheltered (in a girls' only academy no less) all the time. He treated her like she was still that child he rescued who needed help desperately. [/SIZE]
To be fair, whether or not she is treated like a kid or not should not hinder her from maturing, per se, or act more mature; amnesia, traumatic past or not. It's called growing up. Mentally stunted (...)? Doesn't mean that she could want to be more mature, from her own self. Alas, her 'resolutions' were badly timed, like it or not. (Movie Ranka is a great contrast, a bit too perfect, but still look at Movie!Ranka and can you still say that her growth is also stunted?)

And I personally find that she was treated like a kid from the others around her because she does act like a child. Not saying that Ozma doesn't dote too much on her, but still, cause and effect also works like that, if you wanna know...

And calling a character mentally stunted (when a great deal of people didn't even think Ranka is mentally stunted, that is) is not pointing out her flaw, but rather putting up a salt to a wound... Calling her spoiled/childish/rash/timid for the most of the early part of the series is what an example of putting up her flaw. Putting up like she is some fragile princess with disability when you don't exactly know to what extent her amnesia is, however, really made me wonder