Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-31, 01:18   Link #15281
solomon

I have to generally agree with the above.

Excessive regulation and red tape can drag on economic progress and vitality, that is common knowledge now, especially for smaller buisnesses.

The problem is currying favor towards large corporations. You can't "VOTE" those people out. You can't reform them, you can do that with open and well monitored government.

But when government plays to corrupt buisness oligarchs whose own type of corruption is not as easily detected, then what? Government can actually deal with people from a humanistic standpoint, Corporations at worst only see people as consumers, a figure in their bi annual financial readout.

I think that European countries while not perfect have shown that you can have healthy free enterprise and entreprenureal spirit with strong public programs. Do they have to stay frozen in time, NO. Sometimes there has to be tweaking of the systems dependent on the situation.

But still I think that our consumer oriented social darwinism isn't all it's cracked up to be sometimes. It's better for certain things than others, not a one size fits all approach.