View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 03:52   Link #1117
Westlo
Lets be reality

We have nico embeds now.

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Not that I personally care, but to make it easier for people to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Well both Bakuman and Medaka are (Bakuman was) Jump manga originally so maybe they've decided to promote Medaka in the same sense as Bakuman (don't think that they'll animate the whole manga though). There was the article stating that there will be 45 episodes and now, seeing Ajimu in the OP I can assume that it will maybe really get 48 or so episodes in total.

On the other hand Phi Brain is Sunrise original anime and I see this as the only reason why they're still pushing it season after season.
I know they're both JUMP manga, I follow JUMP pretty closely. Anyway NHK pay for the anime they air (not very well from what I heard when bakuman aired too lol), otoh everything else is Aniplex, Bandai etc paying to air their anime on tv, they make their money back selling blurays and other merchandise.

That's why you can't compare the two, NHK can air stuff like Phi Brain for 3 seasons when it's a commercial flop because it more than likely fulfills some education quota. Medaka Box airing on normal stations late at night otoh is just throwing money away for no reason.

The anime doesn't sell
The manga doesn't sell any more than it did prior to the anime (which pretty much means it's a dead man walking right now)

There is no reason to persist with this series unless this season has a big spike in sales. If it had a spike and them knowing that the next arc was what made the manga popular... they might do it than.

But I wouldn't hold my breath.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote