View Single Post
Old 2006-12-11, 04:56   Link #39
Trickster Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil-samurai View Post
You know.... I bet you that after watching the episode people in RL would try it
Mostly been lurking, but I had to say something at seeing this. I used to sit like this a lot when I was in my teens, actually! It's rather comfortable when you have a curved back...
But more so, I have low potassium and metal content in my blood (don't absorb them as well, don't get enough in my diet either), which means I don't circulate heat as well to my extremities. Tucking in your legs (or even stuffing them in a loose T shirt) while sitting like that works wonders if you are cold. I never tried sitting on the balls of the toes though, more the flat-footed approach... nonetheless, L looks rather pale, so I wonder if it's because he doesn't have as good circulation. Discomfort can make it hard to concentrate...

And yes, it was quite funny to see him sitting like that in the manga, considering he's my favorite character. I suppose you could guess that from the avatar I tossed together.

One thing I can't get over though is the music! It may not be as exciting to listen to on it's own, but I'm definitely waiting for the OST! I'm rather worried at the ominous "37 episodes" statement... is that set in stone? The series is 12 books or so long, and at about 4 eps a volume... how can one compress ~48 down to 37? I realize a lot of people don't like the ending (fools, I say! well, ok, maybe not...)... but when has changing the ending of a manga series actually turned out well?

Last edited by Trickster Priest; 2006-12-11 at 05:08. Reason: (explaining mineral intake better, typos)