View Single Post
Old 2009-10-17, 04:17   Link #1341
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitwospirit View Post
In 1998, Ange talks to a Rokkenjima enthusiast who has seen the handwriting on one of the message bottles. He tells her that there were several letters found. This is in the episode three continuity. I don't know if there's any letter that directly corresponds to episode one or episode two, can't find that in the game script, but the point is that the messages in a bottle must have been written before the events of October 4-5.
I'm pretty sure the details of two of the letters were given... they matched up with Episodes 1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

So how would that work? A letter written before the "crimes" asking someone to find out what really happened, is sent out in a bottle, before anything happens?

It had details about what happened too, didn't it?
The explanation the game offered, if I recall correctly, was that Rokkenjima is stuck in some kind of quantum singularity or summat, where all the events of every game happen at once. Or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitwospirit View Post
Whoever wrote the letters was very certain that everyone would die, at least.
Like I said, the details given corresponded to Episodes 1 and 2, I'm pretty sure. There is absolutely no reason why they must have been written before Oct. 4/5.