View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 14:02   Link #125
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You're right. Crazy might be a better word to use than corrupt.

It's just that when Tokiomi gave his speech to Kariya I didn't get the feeling of "This guy is BSing it. He only cares about himself and his image as a magus, and so he knowingly threw his daughter Sakura to the wolves and made her life a literal hell just for Magus PR reasons. Sick, sick bastard!"

Instead, I get the feeling of "Wow, this guy sincerely believes everything he is saying. He actually thinks he did Sakura a favor here. He really does care about and love his daughters... but the dude is crazy!"

Maybe I'm reading too much into the seiyu performance, but that's the impression I'm getting at least.
The other thing is Tokiomi thinks the Matous are still pursuing the Root meanwhile they are not. Kariya should have told Tokiomi that. I really hate it when the characters don't say something that could change the outcome of what's to follow. You are right though, Tokiomi believes everything he says down to his very core. Magi can be ruthless sometimes. The Mind of Steel Bad End from F/SN is a good example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah I also got the feeling that Tokiomi sincerly thinks he did what was in Sakura's best interest. It just that what he considers in people's best interest is almost Kyuubey level.
You know, that isn't too far off. I think QB is a little more extreme but the same idea holds true. I bet QB was borne of this too.