View Single Post
Old 2010-12-30, 01:46   Link #530
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Kyon that rescued stabbed-Kyon is from the future not the past. So in an upcoming series you'll see a story where Kyon travels back in time to save himself.
The problem is a future version of Kyon wouldn't be able to save stabbed Kyon as future Kyon won't exist unless stabbed Kyon survives. There's no way in hell for future Kyon to go back in time in the first place unless stabbed Kyon survives without future Kyon interfering with the past.

Kyon also says that it feels as if he's seen this before, which implies that he is actually saved by a Kyon from the past. It would be fully possible for a time-traveler to experience Kyon's death, go back in time, grab the Kyon from that time frame and have him save stabbed Kyon. This would also implant some kind of memory of the fact this happened in the stabbed Kyon's head as it's experienced right that moment but by a past version of himself. Problem is the Kyon that picks up the gun says that it hurt for him as well which once again implies that he's from the future which would be completely impossible as any future version of himself would only be able to exist if the stabbed Kyon managed to survive without relying on this future version of himself. Paradox. I sure hope that I'm missing something here (and given how little I remember from the TV series I'm sure I am).

Last edited by Meatrose; 2010-12-30 at 03:36.