View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 15:42   Link #121
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Just want to straight some things .

Which still doesn’t justifiy how they can beat a horde of Gafrans, the tougher Baqtos, and the faster Zedas plus Vagan’s battleship is easily make a run-for-it.

When did I ever say that I only watched Destiny? And how can you easily assume it? I’ve seen a lot of mecha shows from Voltus until the recent Unicorn. Still, the fight between Impulse and Freedom in SEED Destiny is still one of the best mecha fights, just to mention one. (and yes, I did watch the still on-going Total Eclipse).
Yep one good fight amidst a sea of stock footage I will agree that one stands out, but for the wrong reasons. By comparison AGE feels like it has a good fight pretty much every time there's a major battle of the arc as do most Gundam shows. Still not seeing where this argument of yours has much ground to stand on.

As for the Ambat battle, I'm pretty sure they actually didn't beat all those Vagan units. In fact I seem to recall Don Voyage dying and Ract almost dying were it not for Flit stopping him from making a pointless self sacrifice (where was someone to do that for Fram?). The rest of the Zalam/Euba alliance was pretty much wiped out to give the Diva crew time to invade Ambat and kill it's commander thus ending the battle in a Federation victory with heavy losses.

Also I hate having to explain this, but it was a hypothetical point I was making not an assertion of what you watched. The point I was making is that if one were to only watch Destiny they'd probably think that the standard for combat choreography in the Gundam franchise was abysmal and cheap.

Quote:
I already find more than 25 of my friends (on facebook) having the same issue as me regarding AGE’s BGM. They all said it’s forgettable. Also, I didn’t say “I can’t remember a single song from AGE”. I did remember and enjoy the 1st OP, the 1st ED, and 2nd Ed like I already mentioned in my previous post.
Do your friends by any chance spend a lot of time rageposting about the episodes on Facebook and never really liked the show in the first place. That could have something to do with it. Also bringing what your friends like into the argument isn't going to do much for convincing me here seeing as it comes down to a matter of taste and I say pretty much all Gundam series have great soundtrack and AGE is no different. Right now I can name Aban, Flit no Nichijou, Nazo no Tekai, Aratana Tabidachi, and Chikai as stand out tracks on the first OST volume for AGE alone. Maybe it comes down to taste in music who knows.

Quote:
Excuse me, I did say this:
Right?
Yes both shows have characters making some questionable decisions in the final hours, though in AGE it feels like it was done for plot convenience at the expense of internal logic whereas for Destiny who the hell knows the reasons. Not saying it makes the issues in AGE any better though so much as it's clear why they happened and why it makes the writing simplistic.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote