Thread: Wangan Midnight
View Single Post
Old 2007-06-12, 00:10   Link #37
jtrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
I'm not exactly impressed with the character designs or the CG car action, but the sound effects killed it for me. The Devil Z barely sounds like it has a bolt-on muffler, let alone the 600+ hp beast that it really is. The Blackbird sounded like a Porsche should, (/me cries).
Hi, only know what i've read in this thead about the idea - series - show so far. Looks interesting. We get to hear the F1 racing engines and a few other sports. Why wouldn't they go in person to an area where some race was happening an grab some sound bites of engines starting up, warming up and running? I know the little 'euro racing engines' can generate some horse power in those little packages.

I used to build big block oh 1970 engines. The real HP like 525 streetable but the torque was more like 800 foot pounds. Locally a retired police chief and his family made sure I couldn't build any more since once started you can feel it like a 1/2 mile away, they (here in deep south texas) brought in a whole sabatage crew to mess every thing up every time I left it in the drive way or parking lot anywhere out of sight from me.

So, not sure how much noise a speaker on tv or surround sound system could handle either for that matter. Not much different than a funny car engine in a way or a open headder nascar engine. Not a car alarm or security system for a mile NOT going to go of when it goes by, see.

If the story is good I can live with muffled noises over attempted real car engine ones.

/waves at mranderson
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote