Thread: Licensed Usagi Drop
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-11, 21:36   Link #440
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This episode was the series weakest by far.

It wasn't bad, I still enjoyed it, but it wasn't as great as the others IMO. Too much reliance on this being heart warming this episode instead of playing with the greater issues at work here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Well, that'd be fairly shallow also. I'd say the best way to get something out of a series like this would be to try to carefully observe and understand the social forces at work in influencing our major characters. Occupational and familial pressures on Daikichi. School and environmental pressures on Rin. Occupational and interpersonal pressures on Masako. Etc. That's just me though. It's not really a huge deal if people want to buy into the heartwarming.

edit: lol. Well, let's just move onto the next episode...
I'm not going to go as far as saying best way to enjoy it, but for me this has been an equal contributor to my enjoyment of this series and that is what led me to enjoy this episode a bit less than other people.

I like this show equally for the heart warming aspects and the societal issues it brings into focus, and this episode didn't really do none of that so my interest waned a little bit.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote