View Single Post
Old 2012-05-15, 12:39   Link #28868
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It's only the second most twisted thing actually, after "lying to the world about a potential mass murder (or not telling everyone it was just an accident and allowing them to speculate it was a mass murder) is totally okay if you're trying to protect one person who can make her own damn decisions."
Eva's not lying, she's just...not saying anything. And after all, who obligates her to do so? Okay, obviously, this entire mess would require at least some explanation on her part, however, was there ever, EVER, any guarantee (always talking about a prime universe, from the general public's point of view) that a serial mass murder case actually took place on Rokenjima? No, there weren't. All they have for thinking that are some message bottles which could have been written by anyone.

I'm not overlooking the explosion and all the shattered remains found on the island, but normally, the first thing it brings to mind is an accident. We tend to think it's a given that it was a murder game because that's what we've been reading all the time. However, to an unsuspecting public, it shouldn't be that obvious.

So, I really can't blame Eva for not feeling like talking to people who go on making all sorts of crazy assumptions about her person and her family. IF there was a tangible piece of evidence suggesting that there indeed was a serial mass murder case, it would be ethical to push Eva to speak.

As for Ange, I believe loving someone means not giving a shit about the rest of the world as long as you can protect them. Not saying it's rational, just saying that's how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
Agree with everything you say here.

I think Erika has a point, though. It's usually not for the best to try and compare who's got it "the worst", but it's as you say - one would take Natsuhi's situation, even if it were relatively brief far more seriously than one would take Jessica's situation, even if it went on for quite a long time.

It's PART of my issue with fully accepting Yasu's character, since as you say, her only REAL romantic relationship is with George, which is why Kanon will likely always lost that duel. And while I acknowledge her feeling for Battler as real, I have a hard time taking them as seriously as say, Kyrie's feelings about Rudolf.
Well....I just don't think its possible to weigh people's feelings, especially romantic ones into any rational scale. Though, obviously Kyrie had it much worse than Yasu, the second six entire years waiting for Battler, which isn't what I'd call mild.

Okay, no one obligated her to, it was only a crush, a stupid line by a twelve year old, and all the above, but clearly, Yasu isn't the sort of person you could call a 'realist'.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote