View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 19:10   Link #1151
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Well, technically, Ichigo shouldn't have a bankai to begin with since he has broken off his ties with Zangetsu when he went Mugetsu. (i.e., what we see right now is not a standard Bankai that a Shinigami usually has, so we are not sure if his Bankai is qualified for theft by those Quincy.)
Aww, what the heck. I know I previously stated that I don't intend on debating this point, but I think I'm feeling more in the mood now.

Ichigo was indeed confirmed to have retained and reawakened shiniagmi powers during the fullbring arc. So it remains within the realm of possibility that Zangetsu didn't go anywhere (since he's the manifestation of those very powers). When Zangetsu stated that using FGT would cut ties with him, he may have only been referring to the consequent loss of Ichigo's reiatsu and shinigami powers having not known at the time that Ichigo would eventually reawaken that latent energy. What I'm basically suggesting is that either Zangetsu may have been wrong (when you consider the circumstances under which he made those statements), or we may have drawn two different interpretations of Zangetu's words and what they mean for Ichigo's powers.

I know I've stated this before, but I think it remains equally possible that Ichigo's bankai can't be stolen for the same reason why no one but Juha Bach could steal Yamamoto's bankai--There isn't anyone who's spiritual energy is powerful enough to accomplish the task.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote