View Single Post
Old 2006-09-14, 17:17   Link #13
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
"milked" typically has a negative connotation because it is usually applied to cases where a success is folllowed by all types of content in all types of media. While FF7 satisfies this requirement, it is also implied in "milked" that the corporation rushes so much to put out merchandise and sequels that the said sequels and whatnot suck. Can you really think of any case where someone has said that something was milked and the resulting products turned out to be good?
While Dirge of Cerberus wasn't exactly "rushed"...the feedback on the game so far has been less than stellar from almost all but the most hardcore of FFVII fans who believe that game is the holy grail.

As for FFVII: AC...while it won't win any awards for storytelling or whatnot, I did find it enjoyable. That and we've yet to see how the rest of the projects turn out: they could all end up scoring big, but they could also all end up striking out (or a mixture of both). So...while I don't want to actually use the term 'milking', it is quite obvious that Square-Enix is trying to capitalize on the popularity of the FFVII franchise. But, it's not like they're the first company to try to do that...so as long as the material that comes out is actually competent, I'll be fine with that.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote