Thread: Cyprus resists?
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-20, 12:49   Link #1
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Cyprus resists?

How do you understand the situation?

From my arguably very biased perspective Ireland, Portugal, and Greece succumbed to UK/DDR executives in Brussels, but Cyprus, having already experienced multiple betrayals from allies (England, Turkey, Greece, and now Germany) has more fortitude to resist the humiliation imposed to them.

Reading news from around the world, I wanted to point out some interesting trivia:
  1. Reigning German oligarchs claimed that Cyprus launders illegal money, but their own country is higher in the relevant list, Luxembourg even higher, not to mention Lichtenstein, Malta, Switzerland, etc.
  2. I was amazed that the church of Cyprus volunteered to aid, usually the church plays hardball with the state, asking for more power (as was the case in the other countries that were ruined by the euro).
  3. Russia proved to be even worse than Germans, not only abandoning their only ally in Mediterranean, in addition they gamble their own investors' money... I guess most of it is clean... otherwise Germany wouldn't have natural gas today... in between this is a "legitimate exaggeration"

Dunno, I am living for some time away from EU, but having experienced it for a long time during my vacation, I get the feeling that fascism is coming back to destroy them. Of course that was coming since mid-2000s, but none seemed to care then

Are they going to destroy again themselves? It's not the first time that conservative to right and extreme-right wing ideologies have killed millions in Europe, but now it's 2013 not 1800s when that idiotic theory made us Prussians, English and French