View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 09:25   Link #57
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
oh and what i noticed: The scene in the big hall where the president said "good work".... doesn't that imply that he did "get the message" after all? I mean when the culprit complained that the student council president did not figure it out, it was chronologicially before the ending speech for the festival.
No, the message was for Kugayama to figure out that Tanabe wants him to continue working on manga.

The "good work" implies nothing of the sort. It could be the typical formality to thank him as a fellow Executive Committee member, or even if Kugayama did find out Tanabe was the culprit, it doesn't mean he understands that he's being asked to work on another manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedvix View Post
I have been getting a vibe that Oreki's older sister (Tomoe Oreki) is actually Anjou Haruna. While we never get a clear specifications of her age, I can't help to think that she is somehow related to the "dream" team. I would imagine that Anjou Haruna could be some form of a "pen name" that a lot of writers like to use.

Here are some hints:
- Anjou Haruna was said to have "transferred off". Oreki's sister is currently living abroad in India.
- There was a scene of Oreki sister reading the school's newspaper (EP16) about to jumonji incident and said "naruhodo" (I see/I understand/I get it)... What does she understand?!?!?
- She happens to carry the manga "A corpse by evening" and gives it to Hotarou? and says the weird line afterwards "whether this staves off your boredom or not is up to you". To me it feels like as if she is giving Hotarou a hint to solve the Jumomji accident which is contained in the manga.
No, because the people who worked on "A Corpse by Evening" were all in the same year. Kugayama and Tanabe are currently seniors. More than likely Anjou is also a high school senior. Oreki Tomoe has already graduated from high school. Also, Tomoe isn't really living abroad in just India - she's been travelling.

Tomoe only found out about the Juumonji incident and the message after she read the school newspaper. Understanding the message and having a copy of the manga does not prove she's related to the makers of the manga - Houtarou figured out the message, and Mayaka also had a copy of the manga even if she lost it somewhere. I do agree that Tomoe was giving Houtarou a big clue when she traded away a copy of the manga, but it does not prove that she helped make it.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-08-13 at 09:39.